Saturday, July 9, 2011

What Changes!

Well I've moved, started work, and am starting to feel settled. I recently went on a vacation to see my partner. I finally got to see the ocean and play around in it. We mastered (I use that term loosely) the art of jumping in the waves so they didn't kick our butts and drag us down in Myrtle Beach one afternoon. Great seashells there - but the beach seriously hurts your feet!! It was a great experience - definitely a busy touristy beach (complete with garbage lol). The next day we went off to the Outer Banks - for anyone looking for a nice get away with all the services and fun of a resort but wanting something a little quieter I highly suggest it! We stayed at a resort in Duck. The island is off the coast of North Carolina, takes 3 bridges (2 of which are so long you can't see the end) across the ocean (kinda creepy the first time across). Once you get across the bridges and onto the island it's a string of little towns, connected by beautiful beach houses. The rest of my time was spent just 'chillin' and enjoying the people, weather, and places of North Carolina. I absolutely fell in love with the place! I spent my Canada day (as likely the only Canadian in the community lol) at the gym, then hung out at the pool in the complex, and bbq'd dinner at the complex bbqs. It was an amazing vacation overall!! I fell in love with the place! Not to mention, was able to have a great time with my partner. Can't wait for the next time we get to be together!

No comments:

Post a Comment