Watched Eat Pray Love this weekend with my mamma and sister, a GREAT movie! There was basically a steady stream of tears rolling down my cheeks through the entire movie. I wanted to see the movie, as I anticipated it being a good one, but was a little anxious as I feared it would resonate within me. I was right. It was literally like watching my own daily struggle - but through the eyes of a woman who had the means to travel the world to find herself. Definately a movie that hit me ... hard.
Spoke with my friend who's in Afghanistan right now and told him this. His response? "When I heard of that movie it made me think of you". It's strange - he and I carried on an "email conversation" for the last 2 days, speaking about how we both feel as though we're searching for something, yet still not able to figure out what exactly we're searching for. Interestingly enough, he's over there questioning who and what he's fighting for, and I'm over here questioning whether to focus on studies or life ... I guess there are many of us who feel alone and as though we're trying to stay afloat in a rough see of waves of decisions.
No comments:
Post a Comment