Every day is an adventure, and every day opens my eyes to something new to ponder, big or small. Here are my daily ponderings...
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Terrifying Excitement
I had an amazingly exciting, yet equally as terrifying, opportunity thrown my way by Colleen again today. I accepted. There's a new annual CCSA (Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse) lecture series beginning, with some big names and important people involved. This year it's in collaboration with the U of S and Colleen is very much involved. Long story short, it's in September, changes have been made and she needs to find a student who she knows can speak well in front of a large group of people as well as speak from the evidence. She asked me if I would be the "student" to do it, ideally she would like an Aboriginal student, but she doesn't know of any as well as she knows me. So unless she finds an Aboriginal student, it looks like I get to do it!! Great opportunity, but oh so scary!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats! Good for you! That sounds very exciting! - Tara
ReplyDelete