Oops, it seems I've been neglecting this. So what's been happening? I've been super busy, yet with nothing that seems overly exciting.
The lecture came and went without a problem. We had a great turnout actually, and had a wonderful Q&A period! It was great to hear people are thinking about this, and hopefully have spurred a few other people to think about this issue as well.
Classes have once again started up. I'm taking a full 5 sr classes, which results in a lot of work. However, I'm enjoying each of them, so that makes it quite a bit more enjoyable! On top of that I've taken up the opportunity to tutor a young sociology student (a dear friend's brother) so that should be interesting. As well, I'm helping my friend out now and again with his Intro Soc class, nothing intensive, just an extra body now and then when he needs someone to help out.
My mamma and sister drifted into the city this past weekend for our annual 'girls day'. The weekend started with giggles from the moment they opened the vehicle door and didn't end until they were on their way out of the city. Some shopping, some eating, a visit to a spa. What a great way to connect with great women! Hopefully next year the 4th woman in our family will be able to join, and perhaps a friend of my mamma's as well.
Well, back to writing my paper...
No comments:
Post a Comment