With another week of classes complete I guess I should take a moment to do a recap. Monday was just another day on campus, but I did receive a wonderful gift when I returned home. I had to sit, waiting for J to come online to beg him to let me open it. I knew it was a birthday gift he had purchased and had sent to me. As neither of us are good in the whole "patience" department (interesting for 2 people in a long distance relationship lol), the night ended with me opening the FedEx box, to see a beautiful tourquoise Tiffany box (every girl's dream, right?!) and a very sweet and simple note, eventually I was told I could open the box. Inside I found a beautiful silver necklace - the charm being the Atlas Clock with a diamond in the centre ... the importance of time, patience, and waiting...
Tuesday was my crazy day of class. On the upside I'm best buddies with my bus driver now.
Wednesday started with anxiety and panic as I had to get 3 fillings and I'm terrified of the dentist. Well, faced my fear - which turned out to be beyond simple as every person that works at the clinic I go to is amazing! Off to campus, wish a friend safe travels on his way to England, home, and back for a tutoring session.
Thursday I got a surprise phone call from a dear friend of mine, asking if I'd be willing to fill in for her in a discussion surrounding Tobacco use and marketing to a delegation coming from China - of course I said yes!
Friday I went to show a film (Two Worlds Colliding - a must see 50min documentary) for my friend who's gone to England. Then home, some errands, off to volunteer for part of another class, then over to my friend's place to house&dog sit for her while she's away getting married! Oh, and sometime throughout the day I did receive an email confirming I would be doing the presentation for the delegation. I'm volunteering with the International Women of Saskatoon organization. After being there for only an hour and not interacting with the participants, on my way out I was referred to as "Sister" by one of the male participants. Ahh from the moment you walk into that building you can feel the love, compassion, and appreciation, as though it seeps out of the walls. I think I'm definately going to enjoy this experience!
Alas, I shall get back to midterm prep and try to get some sleep tonight as I'm working tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment